Monday, October 4, 2010

Asian Themed Party Cake







I wanted to make a cake for my daughter's wedding anniversary party.

The theme was Asian food and decorations.

I made a four layer decadent chocolate cake.

This cake took 3 boxes of chocolate cake, 12 eggs, lots o butta!,
baking chocolate, and HEAVY whipped cream for ganache filling...
-all the heart attack items except for bacon!

I followed directions for Decadent Chocolate cake and ganache filling.

After that I 'winged' it.   I made up a rich vanilla frosting and home made
fondant.  I made some of the fondant chocolate.....it tasted like Tootsie Rolls!

I also made a 'take out box' from chocolate cake and fondant.   The square
plate was from the 'tootsie roll' fondant!   I made a place mat from the
vanilla fondant.   All the food items, including sesame seeds were made
from coloring the fondant and shaping it.  

On the top of the cake, I poured unwhipped ganache icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment