Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Lazy Broke Granny Country Spaghetti made with Deer Meat

So just came in from picking vegetables from our garden.

Realized it was time for me to start dinner.

BLAH.

So, I started with this..........
 Seriously.  

..... I just took the tops off of the tomatoes.
 I  threw them whole into a pot with some water in it...           : /


       Okay, well that is a start.... 


Lazy...  maaaybe....   
I threw in some oregano I had picked from the garden and dried.
then..........
some Basil...
then some ....Parsley.
Oh, why not......
add some garlic........................
some salt...............about two teaspoons......
Peppers that my daughter picked from her garden....
Yes, I did core them.  
But then, I threw them in just like that!

I decided to throw in a can of tomato sauce.......hmmmmm....what else?

That's it!  

 I threw in a pound of frozen deer meat....  yep.....just like this!
I just let it cook like this for alittle bit....about ten minutes...




hmmm....I think I will add some sugar....about a quarter of a cup.....
or you can use honey...but, you guessed it, laziness won....
it was easier to use sugar....  ; )
WellNow just let it cook on a medium high heat for about ten minutes.....
I need something to go with this.......  hmmmm....how about those green beans?

So, I washed the beans.....
And since I don't feel like doing dishes, I will just use scissors.....
DANG, look at all the dirty dishes!  : /
Okay...now we are cooking! 
Let those beans cook for a while, add some garlic, some butter some salt.....
beans need to cook on medium high for a bit....
simmer your sauce in the front....
Dang, I might have time to do some of those dishes after all!
Nah. 
Get the pot boiling for some spaghetti noodles...
Looks like that's what it's going to be!
Spaghetti and meat sauce
with green beans and garlic bread.  
Don't worry any if you drop some spaghetti on the floor, there is always a critter around who is happy to clean up the floor for you!
No need to vacuum!  ; )

Ok, so let's get the garlic bread ready...
I don't have much bread to work with....
So, I will slice it this way

......and add some butter,
garlic, and parmesan cheese....
oooh, and don't forget to toast it!

Oh, man, I think I need to add alittle more oregano, and some parmesan cheese to the sauce....
So, too lazy to go get some onion from the garden, I use some scallion that I dried..
it gives that onion taste!
Get the mozzarella grater ready!  Got this one from the Thrift Store!
Let the sauce simmer some more!
Now I couldn't get great pictures, because they ate it kind of fast!
You know, the 'no talking' slurping kind of fast....




 Now the pan looks like this.......
and
AGGh!.........
there are more dirty dishes...........


No comments:

Post a Comment