Monday, July 21, 2014

Depressed? Need Significance and a Purpose? Know God, Get Joy.

Be the one that...
Doesn't notice the dirt on the floor, but the rose on the table.

"Follow My rules faithfully.  
Honor.  Esteem.  Value your spouse.
Love simplicity.
In honor, give preference to one another.
It is a daily call of surrender and obedience."

Some people are willing to do things for others in church and see it as part of their ministry and yet are unwilling to do the same things at home for their own family members.   Let the people in your sphere of influence see the changes in you! -Joyce Meyers

Do things as if you were doing them for God, not for men.
Serving God is serving the other person.
Not for what you can get back.
It goes back to:

DONT WASTE YOUR LIFE
"We waste our lives when we do not pray and think and dream and plan and work toward magnifying God in all spheres of life.  God created us for this, to live our lives in a way that shows Him more like the greatness and the beauty and the infinite worth that He really is.   Every good work should be a revelation of the glory of God.   What makes a good deed good, an act of love is the passion and the sacrifice to make God Himself known.   Not to aim to show God is not to love because God is what we need most deeply".

Passion for God and the desire to know joy, are one and the same.
God's purpose for my life is that I grow to know and love Him
- and a result is I will have joy.
It is direction.
It is purpose.

I have a story to tell you.
This seems small I know.
But I am realizing that God is in the small, the mundane as well as in the great-

My husband called.
Wanted to know if he could order pizza for his co-workers.
I was alittle stressed, still hadn't been able to pay the mortgage yet.
He said that's fine. Nevermind.
I hung up.
He rarely asks to do that.

Honor your husband, value and esteem him.
This will glorify God, and will bring you joy!
Lay my life down willingly, 
not out of compulsion.


I thought, well, I have a few dollars in cash.  I checked Dominos.  My husband only needed to feed a total of four people.  To do it cheaply, I would have to get off my butt and actually go pick up the pizza (to save on delivery fees), and perhaps get a cheap dessert.   I know what it is like to be at work.   Any food is always appreciated.   I realized if i made a small effort I could:

1. Honor my husband
2. Do it without hurting us financially
3. Be listening to and reflecting God.
4. And guess what?   A nice side result of that is joy for me!!!

I ordered the pizza, wrapped up some cake I had made the night before, picked up the pizza, stopped and picked up some $2 cookies.

Wow, you would have thought I had brought them gold!
My husband thanked me at least four times. I am not going to lie, that is unusual!
His co-workers shook my hand and thanked me as well!

Glorifying God, getting joy, blessing others.


No comments:

Post a Comment