Saturday, July 12, 2014

"I mean to save you more and more, and guide you on the way you should go.   Trust and be not afraid." -God Calling

"Your mean boss is not the enemy, your divisive neighbor is not the enemy.   The devil himself is your enemy, and you have everything you need to put him and his power under your feet.   You don't have to be mighty in stature to be mighty in battle.   You don't have to be beautiful or strong, or even physically fit to change the world, you just have to know that far greater is He that is in you then he who is in the world.   1 John 4:4   He wants to do abundantly above and beyond all that we could ever ask or think, but there is a clincher in this verse - it is according to His work within us."

Often times our current obstacles, setbacks and trials seem totally unrelated to the call of God on our lives, so they are easy to misinterpret.   It is easy to think, "I'd be living out my call if I didn't have to deal with this issue.   But the thing is, whatever 'this issue' is, it is your training ground testing and proving you, preparing you for a life of depth and significance."  

"Whoever goes about slandering reveals secrets, but he who is trustworthy in spirit keeps a thing covered."  Proverbs 11:13.  

"I will not allow my past to speak to me except to teach me.   We had walked through years of crisis, health, and financial battles leaving me a a rootless, weary traveller, while so many others seemed established in their lives.   The life I longed for and the life I lived seemed a great distance apart."

Habakkuk 3:17-18 (NIV)
17 Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,
18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment