Friday, December 5, 2014

The whole idea of a God to me is ridiculous.

Honestly, the whole idea of a God to me is ridiculous.
There, I said it.
Just the thought of some being 'out there' involved in our lives.
It's just wierd.

Yet when I see You working in my life,
there are way too many 'coincidences'.
They point to a loving God who actually wants to be involved in my life,
and wants a love relationship with me.
I believe more in You,
help me in my unbelief.

HEROES

Please bless the heroes in our lives,
help us to lift them up and support them.
And help us to be the heroes You have made us to be!

We try to be good, and it is not in us!
We can be cranky and impatient!
Help us to turn to You for grace and strength to do what we are supposed to.
We have to learn to call on You to help us be loving and kind,
because even though we might 'will' to be so,
we need Your super grace to imbue us with the loving ability.

Give to all you meet,
or whose lives touch yours.
Give of your time, your prayers, yourselves, your love, your thoughts.
You must practice this giving first.
Give according to need, not desert,
In giving with the though of supplying a real need,
you most closely resemble the father in heaven.
As you receive,
you must supply the needs of those I bring to you.
Not questioning, not limiting.
Their nearness to you, their relationship,
must never count.
Only their need is to guide you.
Pray to become great givers. God Calling

Let each person lead the life that they have been called to.
God has put us here and we should now display His worth in this job.
We go to work 'with God'.   We do not just do a job.
We do our job 'with God'.

"Fear not for I am with you, I will help you, I will uphold you."  Isaiah 41:10

There are no negative connotations about secular work.
God Himself rested from His work ...
implying that work is a good, Godlike thing.
At the heart of the meaning of work is creativity.
The essence of our work as humans must be that it is done in conscious 
reliance on God's power, and 
in conscious quest of God's pattern of excellence,
and in deliberate aim to reflect God's glory.
When you work like this -
no matter what your vocation is,
you can have a sweet sense of peace at the end of the day.
It has not been wasted. -John Piper





No comments:

Post a Comment