Sunday, October 19, 2014

She dearly loved her sin.

Top ranking insecurities in women:

Irrational jealousies,
full blown emotional episodes,
obsession with what people think,
an insatiable need for affirmation.
The only definitive and enduring motivation for a true transformation in our security is God Himself.
The Creator of heaven and earth assigned us dignity and immeasurable value and only when we finally accept this truth will we discover our true security. -Beth Moore

Fear no evil.
Be sure of My conquering power.
Know that all is well.
Be sure of it.   -God Calling


MARRIAGE
When either spouse fails, we need to turn to God for help.   Our security is in God, not in our spouse.
Trust God with it all.

Weak people are combative, strong people walk in love.

Jesus did not come to give us a religion, we already had that.
He came to give us a relationship with God.
A religious attitude is full of pride, criticism, and judgement.

You are not incompetent, weak, and inadequate,
Neither are the men in your life.   -Beth Moore

Trust your spouse as much as is humanly possible, appropriately.
Let the people in your sphere of influence see the changes in you.

HEAR MY ANSWER

There was a lady who had a sin which in her emotions she dearly loved, but which in her will she hated.  She fully supposed she was unable to conquer it.  But she learned this secret concerning the will and went to her prayer time.   "Lord, you see that with my emotions I love this sin, but in my real central self I hate it.   Until now my emotions have had the mastery, but now I put my will into Your hands, and give it up to You.   I will never again consent in my will to yield to this sin.   Take possession of my will, and work in me to will and to do Your will."

Immediately she began to find deliverance.   The Lord took possession of the will she surrendered to Himself and began to work in her by His own power, so that His will in the matter gained the mastery over her emotions, and she found herself delivered, not by the power of an outward commandment, but by the inward power of the Spirit of God, working in her that which was pleasing in His sight. -Hannah Whitall Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment