Sunday, October 12, 2014

The Dark Side of Christian Leadership.

Love is something I need to do on purpose, not when I just feel loving.
The same rule applies to thoughts.
We must learn to think good thoughts about people on purpose.
We must learn to look for the good in everyone.

You are My joy.   When you are a simple doer of My word, not just a hearer.
In the daily tasks and ways you keep My word.   You bring joy to My heart by faithful service.
Faithful service in the little things.   
Be faithful.
Do your simple tasks for Me. -God Calling

REBUKE DOES NOT ATTACK.

Loving rebuke encourages change and ministers acceptance.

God's love toward me is kind, patient, not provoked.
God's love towards me does not take into account suffered wrongs.
God's love towards me bears all things,
believes all things, endures all things.
His love towards me never fails.

All who listen to Me will live in peace and safety, unafraid of harm.   Proverbs 1:33

From the book 
The Dark Side of Leadership
"regarding sexual affairs, fabricated resumes, stealing money, sexual immorality....
Most often ambition has been a subtle and dangerous combination of a leader's personal needs and a certain measure of their altruistic desire to expand the kingdom of God.   However because ambition is so easily disguised in religious circles and couched in spiritual language, the dysfunctions that drive religious leaders often go undetected and unchallenged until it is too late.
Protect your life and your ministry.   Ask a few people to hold your feet to the fire of accountability.   The key is you have to listen when they speak up.   Then pray God will hound you if you are drifting from Him or His principles."

No comments:

Post a Comment