Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Feel like a slave?

So, I am not doing too good letting an offense go!

Sometimes it is hard!
A slave is not his own, has no rights whatsoever, is not in charge of what happens to him, makes no choices about what he will do or how he is to serve, is not recognized, appreciated, thanked or even noticed at all.

From Elizabeth Elliot, a missionary:

Lord break the chains that hold me to myself.   Free me to be Your happy slave, that is to be the happy footwasher of anyone today who needs his feet washed, his supper cooked, his faults overlooked, his work commended or his button sewn on.   Let me not imagine that my love for You is very great if I am unwilling to do for a human being something very small."

I have a long way to go! 

Matthew 12:25  
Any nation that is divided against itself is being brought to desolation and laid waste,
no city or house or nation divided against itself will last or continue to stand.We play right into evil's hand through anything that contributes to division.  

No comments:

Post a Comment