Thursday, April 10, 2014

Are you a doormat?


You don't need someone to point to you and say,
You are valuable,
God points to us and tells us we are valuable and
He has a purpose for us.
 
I was looking over a prayer journal from past years.   Brought me to tears at how many people had helped us through out the years.   I saw that my husband and daughter had also been baptized back then....  after some major struggles.

He delivers all those who through fear of death (self preservation)
were subject to lifelong bondage.  
Hebrews 2:14 

I saw how in the middle of our travels, on the right path, it is so easy to miss the mark without even realizing what is happening.  Turning to the left or the right is easy to do.

If you only knew who I was, you wouldn't be afraid or worry.  
If you only knew My power.

How do I know it, Lord? 

Have you ever felt like somone's success was a threat
to your own self image? 
Have you ever felt this about your spouse?  
Marriage is supposed to be complimentary, not a competition. 

Have you ever felt like having a family is too much for you to handle?
It happens to all of us at some point.   Whether you feel your spouse is too demanding, or depressed, or your child is angry and rebellious.   You feel your spouse is too painful to live with, but think it is more painful to live without him?   Does he threaten to leave, and you want him to go?   Is it possible for it to work out?   Does God want us to work it out in marriage?
Is it possible?   Is it really what He wants for our lives.  Are you angry and hurt and tired of getting hurt?

Is Jesus asleep in the boat, in the storm?

"Oh, ye of little faith, God will never, never, never leave you.
If you keep My commandments you will live in My love.
This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.
Your spouse.  Love them.  This is my command to you - love one another.
Greater love has no man than this - that he lay down his life for his friends.

I do not want you to be a doormat.  
People make their own choices
and you cannot make them for them."

Remind us of how far we have come Lord.

Rather than searching for those in power and authority to promote us.
Open our eyes to see You, THE person of authority and power.  
Open up our eyes to see that You believe that we are valuable, of worth, someone to pursue. 
Help me to know You.  
Turn not your faces to the past,
but turn your face above and within that you may worship the God that lives.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment