Monday, April 14, 2014

You don't exist.

If I don't acknowledge you,
then you don't exist.
And therefore,
You can't hurt me again.
And this is where a grudge begins.
 
Any relationships,
especially marriage.....
 
Ever get hurt by someone
and they go on their merry way as if nothing happened?  
You want them to KNOW what they did to you. 
It doesn't seem like you are getting through?
They just don't get it. 
In fact they throw it back on you,
like it is all your fault,
'you are too sensitve.'
Have you tried to deal with people in the same way through the years.
Not making any progress?
IF ONLY THEY WOULD SAY THEY ARE SORRY.
But.....it doesn't happen.
So what do you do?
Are you afraid that if you are nice to them
they will think that they can do it again?

Do you begin to make a list
of all the ways they have hurt you in the past.
Do you say,
"AHA, This is why I don't like them,
I remember now. 
I better hold onto this."
 
 
I am starting to realize that some people will never get it.
So what am I going to do?
Hold onto the grudge?
Try to make them disappear?
I can't change their hearts.

This is especially true in marriage.
 
Well, there is a saying.
"If you always do what you always did,
You are always going to get what you always got."
 
 
Who wants to just grow old and bitter.  
I know, I don't.
Tender hearts grow hard.   
because they are protecting their heart.  
 It is easier to build a wall.
 
In marriage there are certain typical lies.
"It's all your fault."
"If it takes hard work we must not be right for each other."
"You owe me."
"You should be like me."
 
BUT
It is Not all your fault.
I have much to work on.
The truth is we ARE right for each other.
You are unique...
 
Help me Lord to take lies captive and cast them down,
replacing them with truth.
 
"Cast your cares (hurts, anxieties) on Him
for HE CARES ABOUT YOU!"
 
 
 
I have decided to trust You with my heart.
Obey You with my actions.

I can't change their behavior,
But I can change mine...
In accordance with Your will for me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment