Sunday, April 13, 2014

Thief!

For some reason at work I keep bumping into people who are trying to steal from the store.    I stick close to them since I am not Loss Prevention, I at least hope to keep an eye on them.   I am not authorized to act towards them or arrest them.  But I want to yell at them.   

They always want to talk.   I feel like God was saying,

"Let them talk.  
Respect them, no matter what they are doing.  
Love them even so.  
 
Be gentle with all.
Try to see the heart that I see,
to know the pain and the difficulty of the other life, that I know.
Try before you speak to anyone
to ask me to act as interpreter between you two.
Just live in the spirit of prayer."
-God Calling
 
Just as He has loved me, even so.  
He doesn't hate me when I sin. 
His love is not dependent on my actions.   
He doesn't ignore the sin,
wants us to change,
but loves me even in it.

And as I often do, back to marriage...
-true intimacy is built on the commitment to love your partner forever.   Regardless of how bumpy life gets.  
That's the way we want it to be.  
And that's the way God wants it to be. 
We are not just marking time.  
We want the time to be as frutiful and joyous as possibly can.  
So does God.  

God help us to remain devoted to each other. 

Love and laugh.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment