Monday, April 28, 2014

I have a long way to go.

I have a long way to go.

I really need Your grace and peace.

Lord, I know You say we are out to save, but currently I am not on that mission.
I am more currently wanting to know You and who You are and what does all this mean.

I know down the road I will grow to want what You want.
I remember someone saying to me that I had a 'seek and save' mentality.   Now, I do not.   Before it was, I think, because I liked to be needed.  It gave me meaning.   Not any more.  

"Heaven can be here and now.
I protect you here and now.
In ways you don't even know.

You are mine, you have different standards and customs actuated by different motives.    You don't know the impact your communion with Me has on others. Shed peace, My peace wherever you go, not discord.

Not a peace that is a truce with the power of evil.
Not an adaptation to the world.
Not necessarily harmonious."

The only definitive and enduring motivation for a true transformation in our security will be God Himself.  The creator of heaven and earth assigned us dignity and immeasurable value, and only when we finally accept this truth will be discovered true security.

No comments:

Post a Comment