Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Want to be cool?

When either spouse fails,
we need to turn to God for help.
Our security is in God.
Not in our spouse.

Trust God with it all.

Let the people in your sphere of influence see the changes in you.

Ever just want to be associated with the 'cool people'?
I admit, I do. 

We want to be associated with the successful, the beautiful, the popular.

 Let's face it, like the song says, "We want to be popular."  

I realized it at work.  

And then I realized that the
so called 'uncool' people were the ones that God was bringing me to.  
And silly as it may seem to those of you are secure,
I began to realize that who I am associated with,
is not a reflection of who I am. 
It is not a threat to my significance or my security.

And then, I realized...
It is okay ....
to be uncool.

My pride lives on the defensive against anyone or anything that tries to subtract from it's self worth.

But my confidence is driven by the certainty of a God given identity and the
conviction that nothing can take it away.
   -Beth Moore

It is whomever  You put in my path, that I am supposed to interact with.

You don't want me to try to 'make' things happen.
You want me to listen to You and bring love and joy to those I meet.

"Seek and you will find.
You will find that inner knowledge that makes the problems of life plain.
Power, conquest, success, supply, harmony,
are but manifestations that come from the obedience, honesty, order, love,
not in response to urgent prayer,
but naturally as light comes from a lighted candle."  
-God Calling
 

No comments:

Post a Comment