Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Don't forget to close the gate.

                                       A girl lived on a farm.  

When it was time to move the cattle, her only job was to close the gate.

HOW BORING!!!!   Day after day!  Just close the gate!   WHAT?!
Definitely not a prestigious job, not exciting,

........but vitally important!

Two thoughts today:

The first one is that I must never forget my thank-you's!   Even on the gray days.  On those days that all seems mundane, boring, insignificant.   Do the next thing! Whatever it is, no matter how insignificant I think it is!  Every thing I do is important! 

The second one is that sometimes I look at prayer like this.   One more boring thing to do that has little impact on my day. Often it may seem like this.   But I need to not give up!  I must remember that a prayer time is not a rule to be kept, but a relationship.   Whether it is five minutes or fifty.   I need time with God.   

I must not forget to close the gate, it is vitally important!

No comments:

Post a Comment