Sunday, January 5, 2014

He often slipped away to be alone in prayer..........

A friend said to me...    "Why would I go to church when I already know I am going to sin?  My mind is set towards sin.   That would be wrong to go to church!"

I sin too.    I know I am not perfect.    I know I screw up.  I also know that no one in church has it all together.   I know everyone is a hippocrite.   We all are human.   Not one of us is God.

But He says, "Hope all the time.  You will be taught.   Continue prayer times even if they seem fruitless."

Luke 4  "Your sins are forgiven you."

The leaders and religious say to Jesus,  "Why are you eating and drinking with the sinful?   Your followers eat and drink!"   He said, "I have not come to arouse and invite the righteous but those that sin.   I want to inspire them, take their hearts and transform them.   I will give them new hearts, new desires."

The Son of God is Lord, even of the Sabbath.   Knowing God is not about the rules.   Luke 6  "I will take out your stony hearts and give you new hearts."


No comments:

Post a Comment