Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Don't Give Up!

Grand children.
I have heard it said that grandchildren
keep you young.   
They are portayed as the ultimate arrival in life.   
Now, I am not going to lie, 
there is absolutely something about a grandchild that makes a person feel at peace and satisfied.   
They are beautiful to experience and love.   
Absolutely.  A true blessing and joy that is indescribable.


But that is WAY too much of an expectation and demand to put on any human being!
No person could ever live up to that type of expectation!
Never mind, a beautiful little child!

I have found that the only one who keeps me young is God.  
He gives me the desire to be unselfish.   
He gives me the courage to be brave.   
He gives me the hope for a path that is not a dead end.   
He gives me life where I was stagnant.  
He gives me forgiveness when I act selfishly and self centered.
He gives me vision for the future, 
and excitement for the present, (no matter how mundane the present may be)!
And He gives me a reason to forgive and not hold a grudge.


Look to me and be saved.   -Is. 45:22

Look to no other for salvation.
Look to no other for supply.
Regard Me as your only supply.
You in your turn shall save many from poverty and distress.
What ever danger threatens look to Me.
What ever you need, look to Me.
Claim all from My storehouse.
Remember I fed my children with Manna sent from heaven.
I made a way through the Red Sea for them.
I led them throught the wilderness of having very little.
Difficulty, discipline.   
I led them into the land of Milk and Honey.
So trust.
So be led. -God Calling

In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your Paths.   -Proverbs. 3:6

In quietness and confidence will be your strength.   

"The sunlight of My presence is on your paths.   Trust and go forward unafraid.
Directly put your affairs, their confusion, their difficuties, into My hands.   I will give a cure of all the disharmoney and disorder.   You must know that I shall cause you no more pain in the doing of it than a physician who plans and knows he can effect a cure, would cause his patient.   

I will do all as tenderly as possible.  Trust Me in this."   -God Calling

With the eye of faith we look into Your face and know that nothing stands between us.

DO NOT GIVE UP.
And do not weary in doing good.  -Gal. 6

Now we do good works, not so that people will think good of us,
but in the hope that maybe we can reflect the love of God and point others to Him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment