Saturday, August 30, 2014

Greed and Self Preservation.

Who doesn't like a nice 'SCORE' once in a while?

Especially if it involves chocolate?!

Jackpot!  It is the small wins in life.
That's right, I scored with chocolate!

Man, I made a great score at work.  

The bags of Ghiardelli chocolate were like $1~

I bought 11 bags.

There was not much left for anyone else.

When everyone else found out, they all wanted it.
But is was MINE, ALL MINE!

But then, the voice............

"Does this glorify Me........   or is it selfish and greedy?"

"Aw, Man, come on!!!   One little score?!!    
FINE, I will give some away."

I gave some away.   In my mind I was wincing and was screaming, "NO!!!"

The voice.
"Not with that attitude."

"GAH!   COME ON!!!?!   Really?   I am giving away my CHOCOLATE!"

I made it down the store, gave away almost a third of my haul.   Almost a third of my chocolate score!

"Hey," three folks yelled out-   "You got chocolate?   We want some!"

GAH!   NO NO NO.
I made it out of the store....with some of my goodies still intact.

Whew, made it to my vehicle.
Grabbed a bag and went back into the store.

 Oh, yay (sarcasm)  
All three of the folks who wanted some chocolate were still there.

I handed them the bag.

I argued with myself all the way home.   Really?   You had to give over a third of what you had?  
Really?

But today You said to me.

Really.
Give abundantly.   
Feel that you are rich.   
This glorifies Me.
Have no mean thought in your heart. 
 (Like -why do I have to give them my chocolate)
Of love, of thought, of all you have,
GIVE, give, give.
You are the follower of the world's greatest giver.
Give of time, personal ease and comfort, of rest, of fame, of healing, of power, of sympathy, 
of all these and many more.
Learn this leasson, and you will become a great power to help others and do mighty things. -God Calling

Jackpot!  
It is the small wins in life.
That's right, I scored with chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment