Friday, August 8, 2014

SEEK ME EARLY

"Seek Me early, that is the way to find Me.   
Early before I get crowded out by life's troubles and difficulites and pleasures.  
Don't get involved in foolish, ignorant arguments that only start fights.   Be kind to everyone.   Choose peace, Choose love, keep Me as your primary focus.  Trust Me to meet your supply, empty your vessel, I will fill it, you must live as I tell you.   Depend on Me."  -God Calling 

"Even when we are physically present in today's tasks, our minds tend to live in tomorrow's troubles, don't they?   Before we know it, our concerns can consume us.  Too often, instead of talking to God, I think a lot of times we just start talking to ourselves in our heads until our accumulation of concerns become worries.   Yet God invites us to come and talk to Him.   He promises a resting place for our restless hearts.   He says, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matt 11:28

Do you ever wonder if God notices and cares about things that are concerning you- how will you get everything done, how will you pay the bills, how will your children handle you going back to work and not spending as much time with them?  God notices and He cares.

Worry also robs us of peace in our relationships with others.   'Martha, Martha,' the Lord said, 'You are worried and upset about many things, but few things are needed or indeed only one.   Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.'  Luke 10:38-42     Not only was Martha questioning God, she was mad at her sister!   Overwhelmed by all of my responsibilities and efforts, I can get frustrated with people closest to me.   I have said to my husband, 'Don't you care?   Don't you notice all I am doing?   Why don't you help me?  

I have to shift my focus to the only place I can find the security and strength I need.     My relationship with God.

Mary sat at His feet, listening to what He said, but Martha didn't.    Instead of going to God with a listening heart, Martha went to Him with a list!  The difference is we give Him our lists and our hearts, saying, "Lord this is what's on my mind.   This is what I am worried about."   But instead of telling Him what to do, we stop and ask, "Lord what is on Your heart?   What are Your thoughts toward me?  What are Your thoughts about this situation?"   And then we listen! "   - A Confident Heart 

God doesn't promise that we will understand, but He promises peace in the midst of not understanding.    His nearness can be our good, and finding a refuge of peace in Him can be our goal.   Ps. 73:28

"Don't worry about anything, instead, pray about everything.   Tell God what you need and thank Him for all He has done.   Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand.   His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Him.    Phil. 4:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment