Sunday, August 10, 2014

Jealous? Selfish?

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves, pray, search for me, and turn from their evil ways, then I will hear their prayer from heaven, forgive their sins, and heal their country.
-2 Chronicles 7:14

I will draw you closer to Me.   Strive for a deeper relationship with Me.   It is not about popularity or mens words.    It is about relationship with Me and how that relationship is a beacon of love to those around.

We are weak, we all have an achilles heel..  Lord, You know where I am particularly vulnerable.

"For straying, there is no cure except to keep so close to Me, that nothing, no interest, not temptation, no other can come between us.   Come sit with Me.   I hasten to meet you."   

Concentrate on thanks.

Always for everything giving thanks in the name of God.  - Ep. 5:20

For jealousy and selfishness are not God's kind of wisdom, such things are earthly.   Wherever there is jealousy and selfish ambition, there you will find disorder and evil of every kind.   -James 3:15-16

God has had it with the proud, but takes delight in just ordinary people.   
So be content with who you are and don't put on airs.   
God's strong hand is on you, He will promote you at the right time.   
Live free of care before Him.   
He is careful with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment