Friday, August 15, 2014

.How come it is hard to give without resent and bitterness?

"I lay my life down willingly and not from compulsion."

“No man takes it from me; I am laying it down of my own will, for I am authorized to lay it down, and I am authorized to receive it again; this commandment I have received from my Father.”  -John 10:18

"Kindness is not genuine when strings are attached, and never does it call attention to itself.   Be kind to one another, tenderhearted."   Ephesians 4:3  

True kindness springs from a heart softened by God's love.    Many times we do the right thing, but without the tenderness of a caring and kind heart.   The gifts then feel like obligations and a duty.  How can we learn to give without resent and bitterness?    How can we give without feeling used?

Take my words, revealed to you at the beginning of each day and do all things as I say.

Caring for others, especially my loved ones, then becomes natural and not forced, a privilege and not a duty.   I get resentful sometimes after serving?   Why because the kindness was not only not acknowledged, but I start to feel exploited.   A demanding person may become even more demanding, so it seems.   What do I do then, Lord?   When I don't feel valued, but feel like a slave, that is when I become resentful.   Just when I thought I had the whole personal boundaries thing figured out.

We will burn out if we try to seize every opportunity before us.   It all goes back to staying in step and engaged with God, and doing only that which He calls us to do.   Never fail to keep your prayer time because you are not aware of your own desparate need for Him.   Give what you have and God will do what He does.   Keep your ear tuned for His voice.   Do only what He gives you to do.   See the difference between selfish ambition and a God appointed desire. -Susie Larson

Lord, build our relationships according to Your blueprint.

Guide my steps by Your word, so I will not be overcome by any evil.  Psalm 119: 133

No comments:

Post a Comment