Saturday, May 31, 2014

Don't let fear keep you from friendship -May 31

Help me to be looking to You moment by moment
so when I speak or when I do things
I am reflecting You.

Help me to engage others
even when they hurt me.
Help me not to run and hide out of self preservation.
Help me to run TO You!
....for peace, joy, grace to forgive, direction.

Thank you for my hurt foot.

It is giving me compassion for my spouse's pain with his knee.  I am coming to realize my negative responses to my spouse.  I think sometimes we take those closest to us for granted.

"Couples wanting more intimacy or oneness are often surprised at how encouragement fits in.   One may have a career and one  more home focused.   Discovering the power of encouragement can help bring them together.   Might we enjoy the closeness that mutual encouragement brings."  -Devotions for Couples

Help me to IMMEDIATELY take everything to You in prayer.

Don't let fear separate me from friends and friendship. 
Fear that they might betray me,
fear that they may talk about me or use me.
Help me to be a friend that does not cause that fear in others.
Help me to be a friend that can be trusted.

Mark 5:27-29  A women suffered with bad health for  many years.
When Jesus healed her, her atrophied muscles were rejuvenated.
She was ready to be engaged

Lord, even though years have passed in my life
and spiritual, mental, physical, psychological atrophy has happened
in the form of disillusionment,
You can heal me and make me ready to be engaged full throttle.

No comments:

Post a Comment