Thursday, May 1, 2014

They make me so mad!

When I am hurt or offended by someone what do I do?
 
So many ways I would react.
I would withdraw and lick my wounds,
retell the events to someone else, blow by blow,
vindicate myself of any guilt (and blame them),
vow to never have to interact with them again,
pretend they never existed,
oscillate between anger and feelings of worthlessness.
 
Ever have any of these feelings?

Well, ever hear this saying?
If you always do, what you always did,
you will always get what you always got.

The outcome will keep being the same
if I keep reacting the same way.

I am learning that instead of nursing my wounds,
I must turn to God for my value and pray.
 
Pray for them,
Pray for myself,
Pray for the situation.
 
And listen for the answers.

FEAR NO ONE.
SPEAK TO ME ABOUT EVERYTHING.
LISTEN TO MY ANSWER.
BE GENTLE WITH ALL.
TRY TO SEE THEIR HEART AS I DO.
ASK ME TO BE AN INTERPRETER BETWEEN YOU AND OTHERS.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment