Thursday, June 5, 2014

Dear Mom, I cannot rescue you. Love, your child.

I saw my mom in the hospital bed.
The nurses kept coming in,
waking her,
poking her in her stomach with a needle.
She looked at me in pain.
I could not make it stop.
I tried to turn off the pain in my heart.
I hoped she could forgive me.
I hoped I could forgive myself for not stopping it.
What was I supposed to do?
I could not rescue her.
I felt powerless, inadequate.
Lord, be there now.
I wish I had not been so far away from YOU at that point.
I could have prayed peace and Your blessing on her.

In returning and in rest shall you be saved,
In quietness and in confidence shall be your strength. 
 Is. 30:5

Call upon Me and I WILL answer.
I will be with you in trouble.
I will deliver you and honor you.
With long life I will satisfy you
and show you My salvation. 
Very quietly I speak,
never feel at the mercy of the world.
 
You put heavy burdens on each other.
And you say to Me, 
 like the apostles who followed Jesus into the boat,
"Lord, rescue us and preserve us. 
We are perishing."
 
I say to you,
Why are you timid and afraid? 
Although the storm is around you,
and the waves look
as though they will swallow and drown you,
I am with you.  
I am with you in the storm.  
 Be at Peace.
Be calm.
Let ME be your hero,
your peace,
your calm,
your assurance.
Look to Me.
 
To my dear children,
if one day, you find yourself in this same place of powerlessness,
turn to Him.
I wish I had not been so far away from Him at this time.

In returning and in rest shall you be saved,
In quietness and in confidence shall be your strength.

You can bring Him to me. 
That is rescue enough...
that you turn to Him, bring Him.
I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment