Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Saying goodbye to a beloved pet and friend. -June 24

Was struggling with the thought of having to euthanize our dog.
The worst part of it was that it was due to money, not necessarily her condition.

I felt lost in it all.

I asked God for help.  Please help me in the lost storm.  
Take this horrible agony from me and make the direction clear.

Until at the last moment the vet called and said she would do the needed surgery for half the price!   Thank you Lord!  A great weight was lifted from me.  I am thankful for that release of that extreme heart agony .

However, even so, I had a feeling we may not be bringing Roxie home.

The next day, when the vet got a new look at our dog,
she said the tumor had grown extensively in two short weeks.
She said it surely had invaded the bone, and most probably the lungs.

She said surgery would mean amputations, suffering and an ongoing battle.

We said good by to our beloved Roxie.  I was thankful that the last night at our home, I slept on the couch next to her, that she was not alone.

Thankful for peace in the storm.  

But of course there is still deep heart ache.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment