Monday, June 2, 2014

You are so mean -June 2

Take away the pointing finger.
Stop looking at everyone else's shortcomings.

I had a dream last night about a friend of mine.
I always regarded her as a pretty mean and tough person.
In the dream she came to me crying.
Why?
Because I had been mean to her!!?? 
WHAT??!!

Then a person at work, who didn't know I had hurt my foot,
came walking past me.   He saw me sitting on a ladder doing my job.
He said, "Maryann, you are SO LAZY."    And he kept on walkiing.
I was furious and wanted to smack him upside the head. 
(I realize I am not coming across as a very spiritual person.)

Well, once again, as I started to complain to God,
"Can YOU BELIEVE he said that?! 
God, no really,
can you believe he said that to me?!!"

Once again, the small voice said...

"You did the same thing to someone very close to you.
Passed judgement on them because you know nothing of their pain."

I am starting to understand more about the 'pointing finger' that God so abhores.

The eternal God is your refuge. Deut 33:27

A sanctuary...
from our own smallness, meanness, weakness and limitations.
But do not fear,
Be strong, Do not Fear.
Even Elijah who was a powerful man of Gd,
ran scared from Jezebel. .. Had his times of weakness.

He who dwells in the secret place of the most High
 shall remain stable and fixed.   
 I will say of the Lord,
He is my refuge,
my fortress,
my God,
On Him I lean and rely,
and in Him I confidently trust.  
 Psalm 91:1

No comments:

Post a Comment