Monday, March 10, 2014

GLoomy on a Sunny Day.


                                                         March 9

Beautiful sunny day.  
My husband and I are outside enjoying the great weather,
working in the yard and on the vehicles.

But,
feeling a bit oppressed by the
depravity (sorry, but that is the best word to describe it)
around me.

My neighbors on both sides of me are smoking, cursing, drinking,
Yelling, and blasting profane music on both sides of me.

The most offensive and oppressive thing to me was
the music.  It was F#@! and F$#@ and sexually explicit.
They even had their children running around listening to it.
They yelled loudly also using F this and F that in their conversations.

It was oppressive and depressive.

"My heart is grieveously pained within me, and the terrors of death have fallen upon me.   Fear and trembling have come upon me, horror and fright have overwelmed me.  

Cast your burden on the Lord, and He will sustain you."  Psalm 55

"Revere and worship God. 

Know that HE IS. 

Keep His commandments.  
For this is the whole of man, the full original purpose of His creation,
the root of character, the foundation of all happiness,
the adjustment to all inharmonious circumstances and conditions.."  Ecclecsiates 12

I started thinking about, what is my purpose, why am I here,
wasn't I supposed to do something bigger than this?

"Let us be satisfied to love God ceaselessly and walk in docility along the path He has marked out for us, where everything seems so trivial to us and the world.  Let us peacefully perform all our little duties and not look for great ones.   God does not give Himself to us because of our own efforts.   He knows to what emminence He wishes to raise us.  Let us leave it to Him. "  Beth Moore pg 92


"Be like a green olive tree, trust in, rely on the loving kindness and the
mercy of God forever.  I will thank You and confide in You forever, because you have delivered me and kept me safe.  

 I will wait on, hope in, and expect in Your name, for it is good."




No comments:

Post a Comment