Saturday, March 8, 2014

Fear of Dying

March 7
 
 
You teach me that when I am weak, I am strong.
Fear of perishing - what exactly am I afraid of?

Never return evil or insult for insult, scolding, tongue lashing,
but on the contrary blessing, pray for their happiness and protection, truly pitying an loving them.   1 Peter 3

Turn away from wickedness, shun it, and do what is right.
Search for peace.
Pursue peace.

When this was being written these people were getting persecuted! 
And yet, Peter says, no matter what, treat them courteously and respectfully!

My first response when someone treats me wrong is anger.

March 8

Why am I afraid of  death, of perishing?  
Because I am not prepared. 

Well, then get prepared!

Get rid of past writings that may hurt someone that is left behind,
Make a will.
Do what needs to be done.

And then, stop being afraid!

"The implication of the human is
that we have the abililty to accept or reject God.
God wants relationships, not robots.
The only definitive and enduring motivation for a true transformation in our security will be God Himself." -Beth Moore

I realize now that the coming to prayer in the midst of boredom,
 and no message is part of the path.  
It is part of the struggle.  
It is part of the choice.
Come anyway.

"Merely walking through daily life
 is enough to till the soil and sow insecurity in our souls. 
We can say NO THANKS.
We can spiral upwards instead of down.
The human spirit alone is not strong enough to keep its security
afloat long enough in this shark infested waters of our current society."
-Beth Moore 


No comments:

Post a Comment