Saturday, March 29, 2014

Freed from being a downcast Slave.

My neighbors were out last night.
Drunk.
One fellow, who is a registered sex offender, was talking loudly and
standing in my driveway.  
I think they realize my husband is not home.

Thank You Lord, that You tell me over and over not to be afraid.
Thank You for our dogs.

"My soul waits for the Lord,
He is my help and my shield."   ps.  33:20


"Seek Me.  Seek Me First.
No perils can terrify you.
Persevere.
Hold on in My strength.  
Life apart with Me.  
In the world, but apart with Me.
Go forth from your secret times of communion." 
-God Calling

Lord, please help me not to have the spirit of a downcast slave.
Help me to have Your spirit that is full of life and joy.
Knowing who you are and knowing who I am.

"No matter the circumstances,
I have learned to give thanks in all things."
Phil.

"God created us for so much more than self preservation or self promotion.
When we follow our natural inclination to preserve and promote ouselves or perform for others, we eventually end up in a place of darkness and doubt.  I have to take my focus off of myself .   Turn my focus to Him.   Think of His strengths instead of my weaknesses." -Renee Swope

Judges 6:12-15

 
12 When the angel of the Lord appeared to Gideon, he said, “The Lord is with you, mighty warrior.
13 “Pardon me, my lord,” Gideon replied, “but if the Lord is with us, why has all this happened to us? Where are all his wonders that our ancestors told us about when they said, ‘Did not the Lord bring us up out of Egypt?’ But now the Lord has abandoned us and given us into the hand of Midian.”
14 The Lord turned to him and said, “Go in the strength you have and save Israel out of Midian’s hand. Am I not sending you?”
15 “Pardon me, my lord,” Gideon replied, “but how can I save Israel? My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family

"Gideon had to stop thinking of himself as the runt of his family and start seeing himself as a child of God.   A mighty warrior in his Father's eyes.
Whether we had a great family or not, our hearts will only find lasting confidence when we find our identity as children of God."
-Renee Swope

I need to ask God to show me what triggers my doubts,
help me to turn away from focusing on myself,
Turn to Him.
I need to listen to what HE says about what He thinks of me,
and who HE IS.
Hopefully I will turn to Him and my doubts will draw me into a
deeper place of dependence on Him
and a deeper knowledge, understanding of Him.

" “In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and in trust shall be your strength.”   
Is. 30:15

No comments:

Post a Comment