Thursday, March 13, 2014

The trickle down theory.

March 12

"It is more blessed to give than to receive."  Acts 20:35

Sometime it is actually a blessing for another person
that I receive what they are offering!  

Pride gets in the way.
I have a hard time accepting things, thoughtfulness from others.  

But in receiving, often, I am letting another person have the gift!

Often time that gift is dignity.

That person may be offering me something that they know I would like.
They have thought it through, and honestly,
it would be a slap in their face to refuse it!

There is a time for graceful receiving!
There is a time for
accepting,
and appreciating others ability to show their love for me!
 

March 13 - The trickle down theory.

Your spouse, your friend, preacher, teacher, counselor,
is NOT your rescuer.

Hopefully they are a blessing to you.

But if you have been looking for a rescuer, look up,
God has a plan for your life.   
What is your struggle?   
Cling to God and He will bring you through to the other side.

I had the pleasure of listening to one of my children praise their spouse.
What a blessing to my ears it was!   They said this person was amazing.
This person cooked, cleaned, and helped with the tasks around.  
It lightened my whole being
 and gave me a sense of hope and joy-
To hear such positive thoughts on the one who was walking through life with them!  

I do understand how no one is  perfect.
We all know this all too well! 
Most often we are very quick to point out others imperfections! 
I do understand that our spouse is not our rescuer.

But when I heard of the blessings that their spouse was to them,
I had a revelation!

How I speak about others, my spouse, has a direct impact on others!

I can uplift my spouse and others,
or I can point the finger at their imperfections.
WHAT!??  They are not perfect??!!  They are not God!!!??

Thank you, child of mine, for sharing the blessings of your spouse with me.
Thank you for helping me realize what type of impact it has on others.
Thank you for choosing to see the positive charactaristics and blessings this spouse of yours has. 

Lord, please continue to bless the children you have given me,
bless their spouses and children.


No comments:

Post a Comment