Sunday, March 2, 2014

FEAR NOT THE TERROR OF THE NIGHT!

February 28

                     FEAR NOT THE TERROR OF THE NIGHT!

Had an unexpected encounter with coyotes the other night.  
I remembered the bible admonition "Do not fear the terror of the night."
I realized that this was very real.  
When this admonition was written,
it could very well be addressing the terror I felt this night!
How hard it is to feel at peace when directly confronted with terrifying events and obstacles in our lives!

Yet that is exactly what God is calling us to experience.
Real peace in the midst of real terrifying or challenging experiences.


March 1

We are comfortable when what we expect happens.
We enjoy being understood and supported by those around us.
We prefer to have a constant source of financial provision.
But when we get all this comfort and support,
we are easily lulled into a sense of false security.
God is more concerned with our condition than our comfort.
At times He stirs our nest to make our comforting things uncomfortable.

Help us to follow you, and recognize you. 
Please help us to be a blessing to others.

Keep to the rules I have laid down for you!

THESE are those rules:

Pray,
obey,
be thankful,
be at peace,
fear not,
don't inspire fear,
hope,
don't point the finger at others,
give,
guard your thoughts.

March 3

We never say of a gift,
see what I have attained!
But we say, see what has been given!
God is the giver and we are the receivers.
It is not to those who do great things,
but to those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift.
My strength is made perfect in weakness. 
In the time I spend with You, I become more aware of my imperfections.

No comments:

Post a Comment