Thursday, March 27, 2014

Poor me.

Please teach me your way, Lord.
Please help me to walk in Your truth.
Give me an undivided heart so that I will revere Your name.
ps. 86:11

A time to embrace.... Ecclesiates.

A caring embrace isn't just a polite sign of welcome.
It is an affirmation of that person's worth.
Sometimes it might be the only thing keeping a person from
falling deep into their own attitude of self pity.
The poor me attitude, the stench of self pity, repels other people.  Sometimes we might need to get out of our own self,
and offer a caring embrace to someone who is isolated and alone.

It is easier just to go about our own business,
it is less tiring,
nose to the grindstone,
self survival.

But,
As I become more aware of God in my life,
I find that I am becoming more free to care about others.
Actually, I find that I am getting the compulsion to get out of myself
and think about others needs!

I will walk about in freedom because I have sought out your laws.  ps. 119

 

No comments:

Post a Comment