Wednesday, February 26, 2014

DOH!

Wow, it is so crazy how I really screw up the witness for a loving God.
I sure hope people don't base God's love for them on my actions.
 
I hope they go to HIM to get knowledge of Him.
So many times I mess up and I don't even realize it.
 
Once again,
I can only live in the hope and promise that God will
shine through inspite of me
.  .  . and redeem my mistakes.
 
Today I was praying for someone
for a negative charactaristic I saw in them.
Within minutes of writing it down in my journal,
the doorbell rang.
And then,
I displayed the SAME EXACT charactaristic!
WOW!
 
Maybe that is why God says don't point your finger at others.
 
“Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer;
You shall cry, and He will say, ‘Here I am.’
If you take away the yoke from your midst,
The pointing of the finger,
and speaking wickedness,
If you extend your soul to the hungry
 And satisfy the afflicted soul,
Then your light shall dawn in the darkness,
And your darkness shall be as the noonday.” Isaiah 58:9-10 NKJV.
 
Basically it is the same as when the religious folk wanted to stone the woman at the well.  
Jesus said, "let him who is without sin cast the first stone."

So, I put the stone down,
and asked for forgiveness.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment