Monday, February 24, 2014

So easily offended.

Why do I get angry when people point out my mistakes,
especially if it is in front of others.  
Have I given them the power to hurt my dignity?  
Help me instead to give my dignity to You
and trust You to protect my essence, who I am.
My dignity can not be taken from me.

When someone criticizes me,
I get angry and want to backlash at them,
and withdraw from them.  
I want to avoid them.  
Lord, please help me to understand my reaction,
who I am in you. 
Help me to engage instead of run.   
Help me to hear rather than to react.

"My mind and heart were sick, like Paul the apostle, I had a desire to do good, but for the life of me, I could not seem to carry it out.   If we don't stop feeding that unhealthy part of us, that beast within us, over time it will develop the strength of a grizzily and drag the rest of us off as it's kill.  As long as we are here on this earth, we will always have a few places that could use some curing.   And we won't need curing just for our own sake.   How are we supposed to help others when we can't get over our own insecurities.   The entire generation of adults in any culture is systematically raising the next.   Whether they mean to or not.   Every child you pass, you can have an affect on.   It is time we help each other out."  -beth moore

Lord, please guard my heart,
Help me not to be easily offended.
Help me not to become defensive.
Help me to instead,
hear what the other heart is really speaking.


No comments:

Post a Comment