Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Overwelmed. Depression and Despair.

"It is not what I reveal to you
so much as the linking up of your frail natures
with the limitless Divine Power.  
I am blessing you richly.  
You think there is much to DO in a crisis like this.  
There is only ONE THING TO DO.  
Link your lives to Me.  
Trust and do not be afraid." -God calling

You want me to trust you.  
You do not want me begging passionately for you to answer my prayers
and to be in these people's lives,
but you want me to
calmly,
quietly,
trustingly
hand them over to you.  
And then go about the day You have given me. 
Doing whatever You lead me to do,
even if it is just the mundane dutiful duties.

When he saw the wind,
he was afraid and began to sink (depression, despair)
and he cried out "Lord save me!"  

IMMEDIATELY

Jesus reached out His hand and caught him.        Matthew 14:30-31

IMMEDIATELY

Jesus talked with the men in the boat.   Matthew 14:27

"Lord save me from death." vs 30

                      TAKE COURAGE! 
                               I AM
                  STOP BEING AFRAID!

Be still in the presence of the Lord,
and wait patiently for Him to act. PS 37:7

If you are in a life transition- don't blame your spouse for it!
Don't blame your discontent on them.

Focus on your own growth.   Don't wait for your spouse to cheer you on!
They might not be able to do that because of issues they are dealing with!

Pray and ask God to meet your needs!

Pray for your spouse!

Don't just abandon the relationship. 

Pray and give God time to work.

Don't expect your spouse to meet needs that only God can fill.  
Let go of trying to control everything.
Find contentment in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment